Please consult the information below for all questions regarding studio policy. If you have further questions after reading through the policies, please email me.
- Contact me by email.
- Information pertinent to the whole studio is posted on the news page.
- The suzuki triangle rests on trust between parent, teacher and child. To be effective, I need honest and open communication from parents. I am unable to teach fully without mutual trust and respect. If at anytime you have questions or concerns please contact me. For matters that would be best discussed without children present; I would be happy to schedule an in studio conference during my normal teaching hours.
- At no time should pre-school and elementary aged children be left unattended in the waiting area. Parents are responsible for their children at all times.
- Washing your hands before your class is a small act of kindness for yourself and the studio community.
- Parents are financially responsible for any damages to studio property, to my instruments or to another students instrument regardless of accidental or malicious intent.
- Be respectful by limiting electronic device useage to note taking only.
- When you are sick, stay home as an act of kindness to yourself and our studio community.
- Children arriving sick/symptomatic to the lesson will be sent home to rest.
- Families who stay home when they are sick will be invited to a special Doughnut Day group class. Doughnuts will be served and we will play our favorite group class games!
- Lessons missed by students will not be made-up. Alternatively, you can try swapping lessons with another family to avoid missing out on your lesson.
- Please be respectful by notifying me if you are unable to attend your lesson or group class.
- In the event of a schedule conflict, try swapping lessons with another family.
- Lesson Swap List
- Refunds/credits will not be given for:
- missed lessons/ group classes
- lessons that can’t be swapped.
- If CCPS schools are closed, the studio will be closed.
- If schools are closing early and/or afterschool activities are canceled, the studio will be closed.
- If schools are opening with a delay, lessons will be held as usual.
- Cancellation notices will be posted on the studio website on the news page.
- Lessons canceled due to weather will not be made-up/refunded/ credited.
- 6 Group classes are held each quarter. See the calendar for exact dates.
- Parents are encouraged to take notes during group class.
- Parent attendance is required for pre-twinkle and book 1 students
- Parent attendance is optional for book 2+ students.
- Group classes canceled due to inclement weather will not be made up.
- 11 Individual lessons are scheduled each quarter.
- Individual lessons are held weekly.
- A Parent/adult is required to attend individual lessons until the child enters middle school.
- Parents are responsible for note taking during the lesson.
- You are welcome to make videos, recordings and take photos of your child’s lesson.
- Make a list of items to practice and how to practice them.
- Performance opportunities are held throughout the studio year.
- Families are expected to be present for the entire performance.
- Performance fees are not covered by your tuition.
- You will need to register for each performance by completing the registration form along with the performance fee.
- Click here for the calendar.
- The studio year (September- August) is divided into four quarters:
- FALL: September, October, November
- WINTER: December, January, February
- SPRING: March, April, May
- SUMMER: June, July, August
Website News Page
- FALL: August 1st-15th
- WINTER: November 1st-15th
- SPRING: February 1st-15th
- SUMMER: May 1st-15th
Ask a Suzuki Violin Teacher on YouTube
- I’ve created a YouTube channel called “Ask a Suzuki Teacher”. I give a lot of help/advice for parents and teachers and it’s available at anytime.
Parent Practice Guide
- I have compiled a set of documents that will aid in home practice. They are especially useful for parents that are not able to read music.
- The website page is password protected.
- Password will be given after you purchase a copy of the Suzuki books.
- You can find a link to the folders here.
- These practice documents are for parent use and reference only. Children should not use them if you’d like them to gain fluency and mastery.
It is my job to maintain a safe and supportive environment for our studio. Without a safe and supportive atmosphere, learning cannot occur. Therefore, when student, parents or sibling behavior is disrespectful or dangerous, dismissal will occur without tuition refund. Immediate dismissal will occur if behavior is dangerous.
Examples include: bullying, physical harm to others, malicious destruction of property, possession of weapons, racial or cultural slurs and other abusive/foul language.