Please consult the information below for all questions regarding studio policy. If you have further questions after reading through the policies, please email me.
- Contact me by email.
- Phone calls are welcome however, email is preferred.
- Information pertinent to the whole studio is posted on the news page. I highly recommend that you subscribe to this page to receive an email when information is posted.
- The suzuki triangle rests on trust between parent, teacher and child. To be effective, I need honest and open communication from parents. I am unable to teach fully without mutual trust and respect. If at anytime you have questions or concerns please contact me. For matters that would be best discussed without children present; I would be happy to schedule an in studio conference during my normal teaching hours.
- Parents are responsible for children at all times.
- Wash your hands before class. This is a small act of kindness for yourself and the studio community.
- Parents are financially responsible for any damages to studio property, to my instruments or to another students instrument regardless of accidental or malicious intent.
- Be respectful by limiting electronic device useage to note taking only.
- You are welcome to video record lessons and take photos of your child’s lesson.
- Follow the classroom rules.
- When you are sick, stay home as an act of kindness to yourself and our studio community. This includes family members.
- I will not re-enroll families who disregard this rule.
- Lessons missed by students will not be made-up. Alternatively, you can try swapping lessons with another family to avoid missing out on your lesson. Lesson swaps are available to Full Program students only.
- Please be respectful by notifying me if you are unable to attend your lesson or group class.
- In the event of a schedule conflict, try swapping lessons with another family. Lesson swaps are available to Full Program students only.
- Refunds/credits will not be given for:
- missed lessons/ group classes.
- lessons that can’t be swapped.
- Dropping out of the program at any time.
- Dismissal from the the studio.
- If CCPS schools are closed, the studio will be closed.
- If schools are closing early and/or afterschool activities are canceled, the studio will be closed.
- If schools are opening with a delay, lessons will be held as usual.
- Cancellation notices will be posted on the studio website news page.
- Lessons canceled due to weather will not be made-up/refunded/ credited.
- 6 Group classes are held each quarter. See the calendar for exact dates.
- Parents are encouraged to take notes during group class.
- Parent attendance is required for pre-twinkle and book 1 students
- Parent attendance is optional for book 2+ students.
- Group classes canceled due to inclement weather will not be made up.
- 11 Individual lessons are scheduled each quarter.
- Individual lessons are held weekly.
- A Parent/adult is required to attend individual lessons until the child enters middle school.
- Parents are responsible for note taking during the lesson.
- You are welcome to make videos, recordings and take photos of your child’s lesson.
- Make a list of items to practice and how to practice them.
- Performance opportunities are held throughout the studio year.
- Families are expected to be present for the entire performance.
- Performance fees are not covered by your tuition.
- You will need to register for each performance by completing the registration form along with the performance fee.
- Click here for the calendar.
- The studio year (September- August) is divided into four quarters:
- FALL: September, October, November
- WINTER: December, January, February
- SPRING: March, April, May
- SUMMER: June, July, August
Website News Page
- FALL: August 1st-15th
- WINTER: November 1st-15th
- SPRING: February 1st-15th
- SUMMER: May 1st-15th
- Tuition fees are found on the registration forms.
- If you register but no payment is received by the tuition due date, an invoice will be emailed so that payment can be made electronically by the 15th of the month to be placed on the schedule. There is a transaction fee of 2.9% + $0.30. If payment is not recieved by the 15th, you will not be placed on the schedule.
Ask a Suzuki Violin Teacher on YouTube
- I’ve created a YouTube channel called “Ask a Suzuki Teacher”. I give a lot of help/advice for parents and teachers and it’s available at anytime.
Parent Practice Guide
- I have compiled a set of documents that will aid in home practice. They are especially useful for parents that are not able to read music.
- The website page is password protected.
- Password will be given after you purchase a copy of the Suzuki books.
- You can find a link to the folders here.
- These practice documents are for parent use and reference only. Children should not use them if you’d like them to gain fluency and mastery.
It is my job to maintain a safe and supportive environment for our community. Without a safe and supportive atmosphere, learning cannot occur.
Therefore, when behavior is disrespectful and/or dangerous, dismissal will occur. This includes behavior from students or family members.
No portion of tuition will be refunded as parents are expected to read the policy prior to enrolling. Immediate dismissal (in the middle of class if necessary) will occur if behavior is dangerous.
Examples of behavior resulting in immediate dismissal include: bullying, physical harm to others, malicious destruction of property, possession of weapons, racial or cultural slurs and other abusive/foul language.
If studio policy and classroom rules are not followed but behavior is not dangerous, families will simply not be welcome to enroll in future quarters.