Please consult the information below for all questions regarding studio policy. If you have further questions after reading through the policies, please email me.
- Contact me by email.
- Subscribe via email to the News page on the studio website to receive emailed reminders and updates. Otherwise, check the website news page each week.
- Information important to the whole studio is posted on the news page.
- I use email to communicate with families individually.
- At no time should pre-school and elementary aged children be left unattended in the waiting area. Parents are responsible for their children at all times.
- Wash your hands before your lesson/group class.
- You are welcome to enter the studio 5 minutes prior to your scheduled lesson time/group class. If a lesson is in progress, please observe quietly.
- If I’m alone in the studio, I will let you in when I’m ready to begin. Please don’t assume I am ready to start your lesson early. The door will be open if you are welcome to enter early.
- Friends and family are welcome in the studio during the lesson.
- Visitor behavior should not be distracting.
- Children who refuse to follow directions or who cannot focus, will be sent home. No makeup/credits/refunds will be given for the partial lesson.
- Parents are financially responsible for any damages to studio property, to my instruments or to another students instrument regardless of accidental or malicious intent.
- If you are sick, you need to stay home. It’s impossible for me to avoid illness when children cough and sneeze in my face.
- As I rarely cancel lessons due to illness, I will consider days that I am absent as paid sick leave. No make-ups or refunds will be given for my absence.
- Make-ups are offered for true emergencies only, and at my discretion. Make-ups are not guaranteed.
- IF a make-up is offered:
- it will beheld during my normal teaching hours.
- I will notify you as soon as an opening is available, it can take a few weeks.
- Missed/canceled make-ups will not be rescheduled.
- While it’s extremely rare, I may need to cancel due to a schedule conflict. In this case, a makeup will be offered.
- In the event of a schedule conflict, try swapping lessons with another family.
- Lesson Swap List
- Refunds/credits will not be given for:
- missed lessons
- lessons that can’t be swapped.
- If CCPS schools are closed, the studio will be closed.
- If schools are closing early and/or afterschool activities are canceled, the studio will be closed.
- If schools are opening with a delay, lessons will be held as usual.
- Cancellation notices will be posted on the studio website on the news page.
- Lessons canceled due to weather will not be made-up/refunded/ credited.
- 6 Group classes are held each quarter. See the calendar for exact dates.
- Parents are encouraged to take notes during group class.
- Parent attendance is required for pre-twinkle and book 1 students
- Parent attendance is optional for book 2+ students.
- Group classes canceled due to inclement weather will not be made up.
- 42 Individual lessons are scheduled during the 2018-2019 studio year.
- Individual lessons are held weekly.
- A Parent/adult is required to attend individual lessons until the child enters middle school.
- Parents are responsible for note taking during the lesson.
- You are welcome to make videos, recordings and take photos of your child’s lesson.
- Make a list of items to practice.
- Performance opportunities are held throughout the studio year.
- As of Fall 2019, performances will no longer be covered by tuition. A fee will be collected at the time of registration.
- You will need to register for each performance by completing the registration form.
- Click here for the calendar.
- The studio year (September- August) is divided into four quarters:
- FALL: September, October, November
- WINTER: December, January, February
- SPRING: March, April, May
- SUMMER: June, July, August
Website News Page
- Click here for the News page.
- All reminders and announcements regarding whole studio matters are posted on the news page. Subscribe to the page to receive an email when something is posted. Otherwise, be sure to check the page often.
- Registration occurs each quarter, you are not guaranteed the same day/time from quarter to quarter unless you pay for quarters in advance.
- FALL: August 1st-15th
- WINTER: November 1st-15th
- SPRING: February 1st-15th
- SUMMER: May 1st-15th
Ask a Suzuki Violin Teacher on YouTube
- I’ve created a YouTube channel called “Ask a Suzuki Teacher”. I give a lot of help/advice for parents and teachers and it’s available at anytime.
Parent Practice Guide
- I have compiled a set of documents that will aid in home practice. They are especially useful for parents that are not able to read music.
- The website page is password protected.
- Password will be given after you purchase a copy of the Suzuki books.
- You can find a link to the folders here.
- These practice documents are for parent use and reference only. Children should not use them if you’d like them to gain fluency and mastery.
Immediate Dismissal of families It is my job to maintain a safe and supportive environment for our studio. Without this atmosphere, learning cannot occur. Therefore, parents and students who are disrespectful to myself, other students or studio property will be dismissed from the studio, immediately. No refunds will be given upon dismissal. Examples include: physical harm to others, malicious destruction of property, possession of weapons, racial or cultural slurs and other abusive language.