Glenda Walsh Crouse, Director/Teacher
- I’m a 30-something musician that loves all things purple, cats, nature, yoga, science, coffee and most of all, helping others.
- I am certified in Pediatric/Adult CRP/First Aid/AED.
- I began teaching Suzuki Violin in 2003 and I am trained and certified in the Suzuki Method. I have two articles published in the American Suzuki Journal.
- I have other professions outside of Music Education:
- I’m a Music Practitioner. I work in hospitals and hospice settings to provide live therapeutic music at the bedside of patients. Research shows that music is effective in the healing process. Patients who receive therapeutic music, recover faster and need less pain medication. Therapeutic music also decreases anxiety and can help to stabilize vital signs. Through my work, I bring more humanity to healthcare; I help patients remember that they are people and not numbers. I received my training from the Music for Healing and Transitining Program. I am currently working towards a specialty in Pediatrics (PICU, NICU and Oncology).
- I author and illustrate children’s books. Check out my website for the inside scoop!
- I also have volunteer responsibilities:
- I tutor for the Literacy Council of Carroll County.
- I volunteer at the cold weather shelter.